HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - H&R Ultra Deluxe Slug Gun
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2010, 05:11 AM
mslady64
Spike

Default Female Feedback (for a change)

Hi Guys:

I thought it might be nice to provide a bit of feedback from a female just to make a point.

My husband and I hunt together and have for some years now. He bought me a tricked-out 12 ga. H&R Ultraslug last year for my birthday. He had it mounted with a Nikon Slughunter in 3X9 with the BDC Reticle.

Now the first time I shot it using the 3" Winchester Partitioned Gold sabot slugs, I thought "There is just no way I can live with this recoil". My husband went out and bought me a Limbsaver recoil pad for the gun and I went to the range to sight it in. What a difference! I fired a total of 15 rounds before I could get it sighted in to my satisfaction (I wouldn't let my husband help) and I must say that this gun has become my favorite. It shoots cloverleafs at 50 yds and holds to under 2 inches at 100 yds. - I haven't been able to test it beyond that because our range only goes to 100 yds. I shot a 172 lb. 9 point buck last year at 66 of my husbands paces (he is 6' 3" tall with long legs). The slug hit exactly where I put the crosshairs. The Winchester partition golds folded that buck up like a limp dishrag where he stood.

Now I have read about how you big strong guys feel the recoil of this gun is too much. All I can say is that I am 5' 8" tall and weigh-in at exactly 151 lbs. If I can handle shooting 3" 12 ga. Winchester Partition Golds with it with a limbsaver recoil pad, so can you! (Sorry guys - I just had to add that last zinger!)

Last edited by mslady64; 12-09-2010 at 05:13 AM.