HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Accura V2 vs T/C Bonecollector vs Vortec UL
Old 12-03-2010, 04:49 AM
ronlaughlin
Nontypical Buck

My small collection of muzzle loader include a Triumph, an Accura, 2 Omega, and a V2.

I like the way the Triumph feel, and handles. The trigger is crisp, but just very slightly too heavy for me. It is accurate, and reliable with the powder i chose to use; BH209. The breech plug, i detest. I don't like the little parts, and pieces that go with it. When removing, it requires a wrench. The supplied wrench won't marry up, with a scope mounted. To remove my breech plug, i had to fabricate a wrench.

The Accura, and V2 feel kinda 'clunky' in my hands, but for some unknown reason, i like them. I like the way the action works. At one time there was a scope mounted on the Accura, and my my, it was accurate. The iron sights on the V2 work pretty good for me, and it seems the rifle is more accurate than i can see with them sights. The trigger on the V2 is light, but there is a very little creep, and grit.

It doesn't 'look' like the breech plug of the V2 will be 100% reliable with BH209, but it can be readily modified to work great. I know for a fact, the similar looking breech plug of the Accura isn't 100% reliable with BH209. The breech plug of the V2 is easy to install, and remove, using no tools. It also is individually fitted to each rifle, and there is a good seal between the plug and the barrel.

My Omega(s), have 'perfect' triggers. They shoulder nicely, and carry nicely. Not having a 'break action', they will never wear at the pivot. With a scope mounted, it is harder to insert, and remove a primer, than with a break open rifle. These rifle never hang fire, or misfire whilst using BH209. The breech plug of these rifle is my favorite; i can find no fault in their design.

If i could only have one rifle, it would be an Omega. Myself, i don't understand why i want a rifle with a breech plug that can be removed without tools, but if i did, i know of only one, the V2.

Between the V2, Bone Collector , and Traditions, i would choose the V2, and then i would install a vent liner in the breech plug first thing. Next year, after more experience with the V2, it is possible i won't like it any more; who knows?