HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - New Wisconsin Muzzleloader Regulation
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 10:16 AM
txhunter58
Nontypical Buck

That should make Toby Bridges happy. I have never hunted with a scope on a muzzleloader even though it is legal in Texas.

My main focus is hunting Colorado, so I just always hunt with open sights. If I want to shoot one at longer range down here, I just pick up my 270.

I am probably in the minority, but I hope that Colorado never allows scopes. Several reasons:

1) Will probably up the success rate, causing them to lower the amount of tags that they give for a special season. Even a slight increase in success rates, could mean they will curtail the numbers in the special season quite a bit. Let's say it increases the elk harvest from 20 to 25% success rates. That means that for every thousand tags, there will be another 50 elk killed. So, they will want to cut the harvest by 50 tags. To do that with a 25% harvest rate, they would have eliminate 200 tags! This would mean lower odds to draw

2) Allowing scopes will probably mean more people will apply. This would lower my odds even more.

It is currently taking a nonresident 4 years to draw a muzzleloading bull tag, so this would probably push that back at least a year.

So I am glad you can use a scope in Texas and Wisconsin but hope they keep things the way they are in Colorado.

Another 10 years when the eyes are even worse, could be a different story.....

Last edited by txhunter58; 09-04-2010 at 01:31 PM.