HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Don't stop at walk back
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2010, 09:14 AM
bronko22000
Boone & Crockett

Tfox thanks. I was going crazy tuning my Bengal. I'd get a perfect hole at 6' through paper, then a hard right tear at 10'. I got it as close as I could then went outside. Using my 20 yd pin, shot at 15, 20, 25 and 30 yds. I got almost a perfect 45 degree right line with those 4 arrows. Adjusted the rest out a little and tried again. Getting closer to vertical. Another adjustment and they were straight up and down. Moved the 20 yd pin to get it close then shot a broadhead and field tip. I did this 3 times just to verify consistancy and my BH was hitting 2" left of the FT. Moved the rest in just a tiny tiny bit (maybe about 1/64") and shot again 3 more times. BH and FT were within an inch or less of each other. Too bad it started raining. I am going to go to 30 yds and check again next time out. I rechecked shooting through paper again with the same results. Perfect bullet hole at about 6' but a straight right tear at 10'. This is really confusing because the arrows are shooting both FT and BHs in tight groups at 20 yds.
I've been shooting for a long long time now and this is the first time I ever heard of walk back tuning. I must have got real lucky with my paper tuning before cause my BH and FT were always close. But I always adjusted my sights for the BH and not the rest. Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?!?!

Last edited by bronko22000; 05-03-2010 at 02:31 PM. Reason: additional info added