HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hornady 250 FTX
Thread: Hornady 250 FTX
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 06:21 PM
sabotloader
Boone & Crockett

spaniel

My only point is that I have yet to find a Hornady that will not strip itself (I have not shot any bonded Hornady) I shoot them at paper and will continue to shoot them at paper but I feel it is somewhat a crap shoot when using them for hunting. I also believe they are more than 95% effective, but for just myself I would not depend on a bullet that strips the lead from the copper, or sometime expands and sometimes does not. With those unkowns to calculate into the varibles - I would rather shoot an economical bullet that those varibles are not a part of.

Again I am not just saying this about their ML bullets only - i have had the same problem with their .308's and .277's.

Just got a 2010 Hornady catalog, I see now that Hornady is producing a new bullet that could be the best thing they have done. It is called a GMX, a solid metal - you should not have to worry about lead stripping from that. Might be awhile before we see them in a caliber that a ML can use but at least they are getting started.