HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Swift Reloading Data for Scirocco
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2003, 07:08 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Swift Reloading Data for Scirocco

Shoot, I forgot last night. Sorry.

Yep, here' s the story. Before swift came out with the reloading book. I had a great load of 94.5gr of H1000 with 180 Nosler Partitions for my 300RUM with around 3200fps. So I tried 180gr Swift Scirrocos same load. Very stupid. Had a very sticky bolt lift and velocity was 3300fps. I went on accurate reloading forums, and found the information why. Another incident, was I had a nice load for 180gr Sierra Gameking for my 300RUM with 89gr of Re22. No pressure signs all the way up to 92gr Re22, but accuracy was best at 89gr. So I worked up loads for Trophy bonded. Started at 84gr. I didn' t have my chrono working that day. So I shot up to 88gr, and the brass was stuck in my chamber. Had to beat it out. No warning or anything. If I had my chrono, I could have had some indication about it.

Now for A-frames, I have been able to kinda follow the rules for other bullets like Sierra, Nosler and Hornady.

Go to Accurate Reloading and do a search for Scirrocos. Or ask about increasing pressure and copper fouling with these bullets.