HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Fall Turkey Hunting Help Please
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2009, 11:58 AM
davemhughes
Spike

Have no idea why your not getting any feedback on this as its a good topic. I know not all states have a fall season, most do I think. I know not all turkey hunters hunt fall turkeys because usually its about ambush and not run and gun stuff.

As I do not claim to be an expert but everytime I have hunted fall turkey I have had success. This is my plan for this fall: I locate roosting areas and forage areas. I locate these be picking smaller wooded areas near cut crop fields that have cover but not dense cover as predators use those areas to hide in and the turkeys know it. Is a water source near by, Once I have located a couple of roosting areas I try to pattern out where the route of travel is going to be and ambush them between the roost and feeding areas or on their return trip. Patience and persistence is the key or so I think......but then again......

Thats how I have done it and am going to do it this year. I already located the roosting areas and feeding fields and have been out watching in the mornings and evening.