HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Waterbuck
Thread: Waterbuck
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 12:51 AM
Knockespoch
Spike

Yes it was great fun. The good old days of the oil & gas industry in the early eighties.

The fact that you have my good wishes for all your hunts is a given RG.

Yes it is a silencer Beehunter. Made by a company called ASE. The model is a Jet Z. It reduces the noise level to that of a .17 HMR and reduces recoil to the level of a .22-250. It does add 5 inches to the barrel length though.

The rifle shoots like a dream. Sub half minute of angle. It was built by my riflesmith friend, Mike Norris, an ex Royal Marine sniper. This 7mm Rem Mag is based on a Remington action, with a Pacnor three groove fluted barrel, Jewel trigger and fitted in a McMillan Lazeroni thumbhole stock. The bolt is refitted with a Sako extractor and the whole rifle is fully blue printed. The scope is a NightForce 6-22 x 50. The scope is fitted with a Kenton Industries elevtion turret, graduated in 25 yard increments. These turrets made by a Calfornian copany (Kenton Industries) are amazing. Sight in the rifle at 100 yards, fit the turret, range the target, dial it up on the elevation turret and shoot point of aim. Good out to 1000 yards, though I have only proved it to 900 yards.

David.