HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Nikon vs Zeiss
Thread: Nikon vs Zeiss
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 10:31 PM
skeeter 7MM
Giant Nontypical

I have both scopes and the zeiss conquest for me is the winner. The nikon has a pleasant feeling when peering through it for sure but after plenty of side by side in the outdoors, the zeiss is clearer, brighter and has better resolution/contrast. In regards to my niokon the power ring is stiff & I actually find it bulky in design/stature. My zeiss's are excellent in POI tracking my nikon is average. In terms of holding POI both have been good. I like the zeiss reticles better then nikon's as well. ER on the 2 are identical with the 40mm zeiss and 42 mm monarch at 4" constent, however I find the eye positioning is slightly more critical with the monarch.

Optics are personal & for me the zeiss is the better fit and most pleasing to my eyes. It is not unreasonable your the opposite. However judging optics in a store only isn't the best way to get a true feel. I suggest you head to the shop and ask to look outside with the scopes of interest. If the store is open hours that will allow you some fading light that is even better. If not possible most stores have a return policy of some sort and will take back a scope as long as it's not mounted.

Best of luck