HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS
Old 05-22-2009, 05:38 AM
Semmeshunter

Default RE: DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS

About 3 months ago, on the advice of a friend who has hunted with Cal Stucky a couple of times, I sent my $1,000 deposit to Sage Mountain Outfitters for a Sept 2010 hunt. I logged on a couple of nights ago to see if the cost of the 2009 hunts were posted yet (to try and gage what the 2010 hunts and licensescosts might be). I couldn't remember the exact web address for their site, soI googled Cal Stucky-Elk Huntsand I ran across this thread. Needless to say, the title of the thread caught my attention. I've spent thepast two nights reading thru all of the comments. There was one comment that stuck out to me the most (and I am paraphrasing); "...there is your side, his side and the truth". No doubt the events as described by the two hunters occured in some form or another. Even if it was not asbad as they said, as a legitimate business, it would have been good to see Sage Mountain try and make it right with their customer. I can appreciate where these two hunters are coming from though; I had aVERY bad experience in September 2006 with a Montana outfitter in Trout Creek. Fortunately for the hunting world, that outfitter is now only guiding fishing trips. Anyway,I have heard some great things about Sage Mountain Outfitters up until now. I am excitedabout my huntas it will be my third trip for"the majestic monster".Unfortunately, withmy hunt being so far away, any critique I could offer will not help other hunters until the 2011 season, but I promise to get back on the site and relay my experience as specifically as possible when I return. This is a great site and I look forward to keeping up with additional topics going forward.
God's Speed.
SemmesHunter