HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wyoming Non Resident Elk Drawing
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2008, 02:15 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Wyoming Non Resident Elk Drawing

Consider what it would cost you extra to buy another 3-4yrs worth of pts...

Also you know if you draw a 2nd choice you still get pts on your 1st choice...so maybe draw a 2nd choice somewhere....and continue building reg pts for your 1st choice to hunt your buddy's land...

Or is it worth the $1150 to hunt with your buddy this year on his land?

Other states have elk tags that are normally priced for $1200 etc...

I know last year if I put in for a special antelope I would have drawn instead I have the most pts for the regular tag and didn't draw...
I don't feel its worth spending that extra $$ for an antelope. Not sure I'd spend it on an elk either....just draw somewhere else...and when I do finally draw in WY, then go hunt it....but over the course of a life time....if that means paying an extra $500 and being able to get an elk every 4 years vs every 7 or 10yrs....that's well worth it, what's an extra $500 over 4 or even 10 years? If you plan to elk hunt other states I probably wouldnt pay it....but if not I may then for sure...also pref pts are $50 each year for elk...plus the application fees....10 yrs of that is $500.

See if near your friends place there is some quality public land you can draw as a 2nd choice....and have him do a lil scouting for you...