HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - PASS ON DOE IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2008, 09:14 PM
sproulman
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PASS ON DOE IN CLINTON COUNTY,PA.

ORIGINAL: muzzyman88

Hey Sproul,

Maybe you should check out Beach Creek Mt. I was just up there the other day riding around checking some spots out for later in bear season and saw quite a few deer, even a decent buck that jumped the road in front of me.
i dont hunt down in beech creek area, dont know if that is clinton or centre county.

if you are talking about where the beech creek rd hits rt144,well, THERE ARE VERY FEW DEER THERE.

i had camp there for 30 years off of petes run rd.

in fact, locals dont even hunt there no more do to lack of deer.

they did release 4 trouble big bears in that area,they have tags on their ears.i also know best spots to hunt bear off of rt144.

yes, down towards beech creek there is a lot of privateland on the BEECH CREEK RD.so, more deer.

rt144 is a DMAP AREA and got hit hard last 3 years,not to say you did not see SOME deer.

most of camps are leaving doe go,so, you could see a few but if out of area hunters come in and use DMAP TAGS ,it will not be long before they are gone.

i think 2,000 tags were issued to clean out 30 doe in that area that may be left.
if a doe sticks her nose out on beech creek rd, rest assured a ROAD HUNTER will have it.

we have reports of COUGAR on that road also for pipeliners.