HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best Loads for TC Omega
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 04:00 PM
bugs11

Default RE: Best Loads for TC Omega

I have a SS laminated stock model. I've been shooting 80 grains of T7 under a 260 grain Nosler Partition HG. I've never recovered a bullet because I've always gotten complete pass through. I'vehit deer at 125 yards broadside and head on at 25 yards, the NP HG always flys right through them. Massive expansion on impact, I know this because the entry wounds are much, much larger than the exit wound. It's like the NP explodes on impact and then just drives right on through. The NP HG's are a little pricey, but I picked a box of 50 up for about 1/2 off when I saw them on a sale table. Got a box of 300 grainers at the same time, same price. I'll shoot those when the 260's are used up.

I tried the Powerbelts, but they aren't near as accurate as the NP HG's. Much easier to load, but I've never actually shot a deer with one. If I didn't shoot NP HG's I'd probably try Hornady XTP's, I've had good results with those bullets out of .44 handgun. Hammered a big buck at 100 yards, the 240 grain XTP went through both shoulders and ended up under the hide on the far side. Of course, that was one of my hot handloads.

Bugs.