HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Box Stand Plans
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 07:07 AM
TexasBowHunter
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Box Stand Plans

Bodine,
I built one early in the year and it is similar to what you are talking about other than it isn't very high off the ground. I started with 4X4's for the corner post's then wrapped 2X6's treated where I was putting my floor, wrapped 2X4's where I was putting my windows, I used metal siding for the roof. I put my window's at 34" with a 10" opening, I put shelves in between the windows just below the window level, I also put plexiglass windows in it and then tinted them with the window tint from home depot. This helps to keep them from seeing in the blind, which I figured would be a good thing since my wife and daughter would be hunting this blind..
The walls on mine are 6'4" in the front and 6' in the back, so that is a 4" fall in the roof, so the rain will run off of it. This one is kind of big as I built it for my wife and daughter's, it is 6'X8' and is only 2' off the ground as we hunt in the brush country in Texas.
I don't have plans but I have a couple pictures to help you get an idea of what I am talking about. If you have any more questions you can pm me...

Before the paint:

After The paint: (I painted the inside too, this will help with making the stand last)

In the woods with the windows installed and ready to hunt: