HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bending at the waist? Contorted?
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2008, 08:48 AM
rybohunter
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bending at the waist? Contorted?

Rob’s been saying it very well. Not sure if what I’m about to add will help. The biggest concept to grasp is that it’s not lining up 2 references like a gun.

A peep helps to add consistency. But you need several items all working together to achieve absolute repeatability IMO. For me its kisser, peep & nose to string that helps me when tossed into a treestand-hunting moment situation.

Using me as an example.
Yard- all anchor point verifications are readily (& easily) repeated. I feel the kisser, look thru peep & center the housing, feel the string touching my nose. My hand feels like its in the right spot against my jaw. Thwap-bullseye.

Treestand- Deer below me. I feel the kisser, but is it EXACTLY were it needs to be? I have a thin facemask on now.
Housing still centered in peep. Hand feels like the right spot, but I have gloves on. String is touching my nose, but its cold & my nose is numb. Maybe I’m putting too much pressure? All these little things can add up to make the shot a little less accurate, because the anchor is not exactly the same, but like Matt said, we are doing the best we can in the situation. So you can see here, that the only true constant is my peep housing relationship, but that does not guarantee me a perfect shot.