HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Attractant Tests
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 10:52 AM
HuntingBry
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Deer Attractant Tests

AF, great information and thank you for taking the time and expense to do this and share with us.

I've used the trophy rock with some success. It's gotten activity on a fairly regular basis. The nice thing about the trophy rock is they last a good long time and don't need to be refreshed which will spread your scent around. I used 30-06 and it got some activity, but not anywhere near what would justify the cost.

This year I started making my own using trace minerals, dicalcium phosphate, and Buck Grub that I got on sale for $6 for a 25 lb. bag. The results have been impressive. I've gone through about 120 lbs. of it since April and have had to freshen up the site as often as every 2 weeks. I know the traffic will die down come fall, but I use it to get pics and not to hunt over so I'm not worried about that.

With that, I'm curious to try Acorn Rage as I hunt a lot of oak stands and since it is a food attractant would be curious to see how deer react to that in season. I'd probably put it over a trail cam site more for research purposes than hunting, but I am curious and will likely try it.