HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Attractant Tests
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 05:34 AM
WBowhunt

Default RE: Deer Attractant Tests

I used Deer Co-caine a couple years ago and put it out late in the fall and they did not touch it, but when I went back the next year mid summer it was tore up. I have horses and see the same results in that much of this is seasonal.
Currently we have out three sites on 100 acres. 2 are with a 30lb block of mineral that I got at Tractor supply and one is called rack up. We started putting out the 30lb blocks in March and it is now Aug and we have gone through 6 blocks so far. I have the trail cam on one site that I can see from my house and we are averaging about 200 pics a week. Tractor supply ran out of the block the last time, but had a different block that was a mix of corn and mineral. I tried it and OMG. I had 687 Pics in 4 days. There were some of a couple crow ( about a dozen ) the rest were deer. They came in and just tore this up. It was the same two bucks and about 7 does, but they were hitting it at all times of the day and night. Where as the mineral was usually at night or early morning/ Late evening. I do believe though that mineral is benificial for the deer during spring and summer, but here in the Northern area's that usage winds down as the weather gets cooler.