HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new ML ?'s: Prohunter Endeavor vs Savage
Old 07-16-2008, 04:27 PM
lemoyne
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: new ML ?'s: Prohunter Endeavor vs Savage

I guess it depends on what you like, but I will say etrait out that either the people that did that grading were on somebodys payroll or all screwed up. I have several of those guns and it just dont fall together like that.
A bolt action is fine if thats what you want but they have a long action which makes for a short barrel and a heavy gun, as far as accuracy is concerned they all are capable of way beyond whats necessary for hunting accuracy with BH 209 the savage looses a lot of its advantage because it is noncoeosive and non cruding, the Savage can still claim some advantage on top end but top end is not where most of them shoot. They leave a massive safity margain on BH209 so I go by my strain gage[ which is all I will say about that] its also a legal black powder substitute and more states seem to be looking at tightening down on muzzleloader season, one even eliminated it in favor of black powder carteidges. Look at them all make dry runs on loading and sighting pick the one you like as long as you stick with TC, Knight and Savage you will get a quality gun. Lee