HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - new ML ?'s: Prohunter Endeavor vs Savage
Old 07-15-2008, 05:29 AM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new ML ?'s: Prohunter Endeavor vs Savage

ORIGINAL: Crazyfarmer

I know these are 2 different ML'ers but im looking to get somehting new to use over my Knight Revolution. A few friends have the pro hunter and its a very nice shooting ML'er. I saw the new endeavor yesterday and like the pro hunter I love the feel and balane of it! Its far lighter than my Knight. I also hear very good things about the smokeless Savage but I dont like the feel of this compared to the encore models. It is 300 less though LOL. My knight shoots fine, but im a collector and love trying new guns

if anyone has either of the above please share your opinions
Crazy,
I have a Savage with the "tuppperware stock", I would buy the laminatednon thumbhold stock if I were doing it again.MySavage is very accurate,and willshoot accurately to two hundred yards withsmokeless. I love the non-cleaning and the non swabbing.The current issue of Gun Testing has compared the Savage to the Encore and the Savage won thetest. They consider the Encore overpriced andnot as accurate. My brother has an Encore with the Walnut stock, he has had it for several years, and he shoots that in Penna instead of his CF rifles. They are also an excellent rifle. I believe with the new Blackhorn 209 powder the difference between a Savage and other inline guns will shrink. I just shot Blackhorn in my Omega this past weekend, and I shot a 100 yard 1" group with Barnes300g MZ bullets, and the residue from that was very minimal. I believe you will be able to do that no problem with the Encore, in fact they are noted for shooting hot loads (my brother shoots 150g of pyrodex and a 300g Harvester Sabertooth--he hates hard loading).So bottom line if you like the feel of the Encore over the Savage, I say go with that, but if you have not tried a Laminated stock in a Savage, I think you should try that. Also try the Laminated thumbhole. It is a beautiful gun.
Chap Gleason

PS. This was for Saleabout 2 weeks ago for about $800, everything.