HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Silver impreganated vs. carbon scent control clothing
Old 06-26-2008, 10:35 AM
SwampCollie
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Silver impreganated vs. carbon scent control clothing

ORIGINAL: TG78

Actually I would love to see some scientific proof with any of the scent control means as I often wonder if I am spending way too much money on the stuff.
You, me and everybody else. They have done some test studys with bloodhounds on carbon clothing... and the bloodhounds won.

Carbon clothing was initially designed as a barrier method to chemical warefare/gas attacks. There is no denying that both carbon, and even silver will absorb and neutralize gases. However, while they may soak up enough mustard gas or nerve agent to keep you alive, they aren't 100% perfect. How much human odor/gases they soak up compared with what we put out is way beyond me. I'm not even sure exactly what gases our skin emit (probably methane and some type of CO2).

Bottom line... I'm sure they don't HURT.... but my question is do they do $300 worth of good in helping aid in scent control? My bet is that they do not. Now, $20 for scent killer and scent free body wash... thats a lot of return for your investment. Another big return is $2 for a small container of talcum powder so you can check the wind....infact... thats like buying a lottery ticket you know is a winner.