HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Bought a blacklight to check my clothing for UV
Old 06-21-2008, 09:58 PM
jrbsr
Super Moderator

Default RE: Bought a blacklight to check my clothing for UV

ORIGINAL: salukipv1

So I bought a blacklight to check my hunting clothes for UV brightners already in them....

And surprise suprise most of the foreign made stuff had them overwhelmingly compared to the US made stuff....though some stuff glowed like an xmas tree, some stuff was 50.50 and some stuff totally didn't glow....raingear glowed somewhat gore tex.....which alotta times I'll wear when its cool/warm also carrying less case it rains all in one, but knowing it glows now...I think I won't be wearing it less its raining....

Also by the should point out bought a incandescent black light bulb....which really didn't work, ended up buying a 2' flurouscent style black light.....home depot $15.....worked much better, so those incandescent style are just a waste of $$.

Thinking I may try to hunt exclusively this fall with the non UV clothing and see if I notice a difference.....keep you guys posted if I do and the outcome....
You can get a UV Glow Detection Kit

at ----> http://www.atsko.com/products/atsko-special/glow-detection-kit.html