HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Homemade Duck Blind
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2008, 11:47 PM
kkelly

Default RE: Homemade Duck Blind

Hey guys, after doing quite a bit of research, I drew up some of my own plans. I took ideas from all over the place and put my own ideas into it. I haven't gotten a chance to put them to use as I wont be ready to build until mid August. However, I have done a lot of the research myself and found that the end product price should be around $30 for the pvc material (including primer and glue). In addition, I am planning on adding chicken wire to each side of the blind, allowing the fastening of the grass material to hold its strength and to stay attached to the blind for a longer period of time. The price for the chicken wire will be around another $30, but it is well worth it.

I found an article on this site that showed two pvc coupler options and after research, I agree with their thoughts, but I have found an option #3. The difference between option 1 and 2 is the 90 x 90 x 90 coupler. These are primarily made for sprinkler heads which universally are fabricated at 1/2". So the coupler is 1" x 1" x 1/2". But you can easily find a 1/2" to 1" male adapter that allows you to use this 1 x 1 x 1/2" setup, then placing the adapter on the 1/2" side and you are back in business with everything being 1".

Hope you all find this helpful and if you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks for all your help,

Kkelly

Kill 'em!