HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Savage Striker Pistols
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2008, 09:06 AM
johnshiredman

Default RE: Savage Striker Pistols

MDYoungBuck,
I picked up a used 7mm-08 SS model 516 with the adjustable break last summer. I was at sporting goods store(Scheels) looking at a usedRem Model 7 for my kids and saw the Striker. Thought about putting it on hold, but ended up putting the money down right away. I had been looking for a 7mm-08 for about 2 years. Isaw a .308 a few years before at the same store. The large frameand grip make for a great bench rest pistol (would love to find a super striker with the thumbhold lamstock). Having the bolt on the left side is ideal for a right handed shooter. It's a little more to carry in the woods than an Encore (Uncle Mikes size 13 is perfect for a scopedEncore pistol with 15" barrel), but right now I have been shooting it better than the Encore (I am still working on finding a better handload combination for the Encore). An FFL dealer I know has a .260 with lam stock and a bi-pod that he uses for WI whitetail. He cannot say enough about this combinationand has many customers on his waiting list looking for them. Two years ago he fired a single shotata deer two fields away (275 yards), from a seated bench rest position. The deer dropped inits tracks. I am still practicing at 100 yards, but the gun is very capable of 300 yards and more.