HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - anybody make a 240 wby mag rifle
View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 01:42 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: anybody make a 240 wby mag rifle

I recently saw wby making .240's, though they may have changed things, I can no longer find them making .378 ?

I really like the ballistics of the .240, I tend to like wby cartridges in their largest caliber for cartridge. ie....240, 7mm, 340, 460? not sure about the upper end 460, but I tend tot hink their largest calibers for cartridge are their more normal rounds, yet still offer a bit of something more....though of late it seems even remington adn others are becoming crazy about velocity as weatherby was decades ago.

I just checked their website.....currently they offer that round "240" in their Mark V models: Accumark, Deluxe, Ultra Lightweight and Synthetic.

Personally as far as brass costs, weatherbys simply cost more, and I really don't do a ton of shooting, i shoot now and again some rifles, and before i go hunting site in/practice, i can understand cost of ammo if you do alot of shooting/plinking, but if you mainly just hunt with your rifle / occasionally shoot a particular gun, ammo should be some of the cheapest thigns you buy for your hunt, so i say what's $50 on a $3000 hunt for isntance?

thought I'd point out that though I really like the .240, the .257wby is by far way more popular, and even chambed in a remington now! and many others i suspect, might consider that round. brass might be cheaper/more availabe too.