HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Ammo for H&R Ultra Slug Hunter??
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2008, 06:52 PM
riner69er
Spike

Default RE: Ammo for H&R Ultra Slug Hunter??

talk to me about what type of gun vice you use. my dad has one that had 2 adjustments on the front and 1 adjustment on the rear (up and down adjustment). We were not thinking, and kept adjusting the front part. 2 moving parts (and they were not easy to adjust accurately) was not the way to go. We shoul dhave been adjusting the rear to get it set up correctly.

Is that right?? Maybe he just doesnt have the best gun vice. It was definately better than not having it, but it still caused some confusion.

I got it sighted in to be about 1" high at 50 yards, and decided to move to 100 yards (I was running out of ammo). The first shot I took at 100 looked identical to the last shot at 50 - dead center 1" high. I know a lot of that depends on the flight of the slug, but I was surprised. And after that the shots actually got higher, up to 3" or 4" high and started to drift to the right.

Like I said, we werent real familiar with the vice, so I am not sure how much of the problem was the vice, the ammo or the shooter.