HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Best arrow for elk
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 08:56 PM
Double Droptine
Spike

Default Best arrow for elk

I amplanning on an elk/archery hunt and need expert advice on what accessories to get.

It appears to me there are many great arrows out there that could do the job and everyone I speak with has a different opinion. I am not an arrow expert and have never hunted elk with a bow before and since I probably will only be able to do this once or twice I want to be sure Idon't cut corners on the arrows and broadheads. I am shooting a 70#, 28.5" Switchback XT.

The last person told me to go with the Beman MFX 340 and use a 100 gr. G5. The person before that mentioned the Easton ACC. Others swear by the carbon express. Is a narrower carbon better?

Maye I'm over analyzing this but I'm going to have a lot of money in this hunting trip and don't want skimp on the little things. Irregardless of the arrow I choose I plan on doing a lot of practice shooting.

Any other suggestions on equipment, prepardness, etc. is appreciated. If you respond Iwould also appreciate if you let me know if you ever went on an archery elk hunt, the equipment you used and how it performed.

I greatly appreciate your help!