HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Leupold Boone and Crocket scope
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 09:35 PM
DaveC
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Leupold Boone and Crocket scope

ORIGINAL: HEAD0001

I have one scope with the B&C Reticle, and one with the VH reticle. I also have two scopes with the Burris Ballistic Plex, and one Nikon BDC.

The BDC IMO is worthless. The BP on the Burris scopes are good . The B&C, and VH reticle is the best of the three. I really like mine. You have to practice with the reticle to really get use to it. Most wind in my area averages 5 to 10 mph. The windage marks on the reticle are very helpful, again, if you practice with it. The reticle is not a fix all, you definitely need to practice with it to master it.

The reticle makes it very easy to shoot out to 400 or even 500 yards, if you practice with it, and understand all the markings. IMO it is worth it. I have one on my AR15 Rock River Varminter. Shooting ground hog's out to 425 yards is a breeze with the reticle. I limit my shots to 425 yards with the 223 Remington. I probably should drop that distance back to 300 yards, but with my rig the 400 yard shots are just too easy. Tom.
Head,
I just returned a BDC 4.5-14x40 unused. I just didn't think I'd be happy with the 40 mm objective.
I have decided to go with the Burris signature 4-16x44 blpxinstead.

Is that a bad scope? or should I pay the other $200+ for the Leupold?