HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Who makes a good inline rifle???
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007, 07:50 PM
gleason.chapman
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Who makes a good inline rifle???

ORIGINAL: johnny2

So tell me who makes a good shooting inline within resonable cost.I have been doing some reading on the newer CVA and found some good reviews on the net..Any opinions here? I am in the market for one of them inlines to use here in New York....What is a good one to get..I think I would like one that is drilled and tapped for a scope as well....Can you use round balls in these newer rifles or are they strickly for the sabots...I have lots of 2F Goex powder on hand..Have never fired one of them..I do have a cap lock in 50 cal..it is an older model CVA...But am thinking of something newer to use now that they are more legal to use in most states....Thanks for any advice you have to offer me...John
Read this: http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2h.muzzleloader.htm

GUN ARTICLES AND REVIEWS:[*]The Austin & Halleck 420 Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]The CVA Optima Pro Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Knight's .52 Caliber Rifles (Article by Toby Bridges)[*]The Knight Disc Elite Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]NEW Knight KP1 Utility Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]The Knight Revolution: Just another Revolting Development? (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]The Knight Vision Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]The Lyman Deerstalker Left Handed Flintlock (Article by Terry Hart)[*]The NEF Sidekick Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Pedersoli .45-70 "Officers" Model Trapdoor Rifle (Press Release by Toby Bridges)[*]The Remington 700 ML / MLS Rifles (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Ruger Old Army Cap-N-Ball Revolvers (Article by Chuck Hawks)[*]The Ruger 77/50RSO Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Savage 10MLBSS-II Accu-Trigger Rifle (Gun Review by Chuck Hawks)[*]The Thompson/Center Contender G2 Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]The Thompson/Center Encore 209 x 50 SS (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]The Thompson/Center Encore Pro Hunter 209x50 (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]The Thompson/Center Omega 50 Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Thompson's Omega Z-5 Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]NEW: Thompson/Center Triumph Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]The Traditions Evolution Premier Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]Traditions Express O/U Muzzleloading Rifle (Review by Randy D. Smith)11/2007[*]The Traditions Pursuit Pro Rifle (Article by Randy D. Smith)[*]Uberti/Remington 1858 New Model Army Revolvers (Article by Chuck Hawks)[*]The White 98 "Elite Hunter" Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)[*]The Winchester X-150 Rifle (Article by Randy Wakeman)

and when your reading, remember this is one man's opinion and usually from a person that does NOT shoot the rifle.After reading the reviews, ask an owner on this forum for their "good and bad points", each rifle will have some. Best Wishes on your selection. Chap Gleason