HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - broken fiber optic in cobra sidewinder sight
Old 10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Primitive Weapon
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: broken fiber optic in cobra sidewinder sight

ORIGINAL: KodiakArcher

You can actually just uncoil a bit of the fiber optic off the post they are wrapped on and reinsert it in the pin then melt the end with a lighter. I got real good at it from all the brush around here. I can't take that sight out without breaking at least one pin every day.
I tried that but the fiber optic was too brittle and kept breaking. Gave up on it and decided to just remove it.

Once removed, I thought about moving the bottom pin/color to the top. The colors on my 5 pin sight were (top to bottom) gree, red, yellow, red, green.

I really don't like the red pin, would rather my 20yd pin be green....but since the broken fiber optic was so brittle, I decided to cut my losses and not try to move the bottom pin up.

I hate the yellow pin even worse, appears blurry to my eyes. I'll just do the best with what I have left to work with. I looked at the cobra website and they have redone the pins to protect the fibers a little better.

Wonder if they'd send me some replacement/upgraded pins??????