HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - cva buckhorn
Thread: cva buckhorn
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2007, 09:36 AM
cayugad
Dominant Buck

Default RE: cva buckhorn

Actually, I do not find the Staghorn I own, which is very similar other then the second lug block, to clean. In fact while the hammer striker model may seem old technology and should be hard to clean, remember.. cleaning is a process, in which all parts of the rifle are cleaned. When you have a firing pin that moves through a series of parts of the rifle, you have a special attention area.

The Buckhorn has a locking lug, a hammer spring, the hammer, and the breech plug all of which come out of the rifle. All of which are basic parts and easy to clean and make sure they are clean. Then the barrel and trigger are all that is left to make sure is nice and clean. They are easy to field strip on the range if there is a problem.

NowI have never cleaned a Wolf but would it not involvecocking hammers, firing pins, breech plug, and barrel. Do all of these come apart? Are all of these easy to disassemble and clean?

What I am trying to say is, the Buckhorn is not hard to clean. It might take a minute or two more. And it is legal in any State that normally allows inlines. It can handle musket, #11, and 209 ignition. With the double locking lugs I would think it has a good solid lock up.