HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - BowTech/No Warranty
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
SevenMag

Default RE: BowTech/No Warranty

ORIGINAL: RHanbaum

You are right, the warranties suck, however, remember, he PURCHASED NEW LIMBS FROM BOWTECH, THEY will not warranty the new limbs that he purchased and installed by an authorized BOWTECH dealer. Hoyt, Mathews and PSE will warranty the parts that you buy from them. As far as the bow being a "unit" well the riser, limbs, cams, strings all go together to complete the weapon system, if "A" part fails then that part can be replaced and should be under warranty, if a part fails that causes a catastrophic failure then there was defective materials or workmanship. Didn't mean to hurt the feelings of the BT fans, it is an awesome bow, thought it was poor business not to warranty their own part installed by their authorized dealer.
the way i'd look at it is this... if you bought a used, out of warranty pickup and the alternator went out, would GM, ford, or dodge warrant a factory replaced alternator??? nope... i understand your frustration, but this isn't some kind of unprecedented practice imho... while i would have seen it as awfully cool if they HAD warranted the new limbs, i certainly wouldn't have expected them to... maybe the client expectation is a bit high on this???

fwiw - i don't own a bowtech...