HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Horton Summit Trigger Assembly & Dial-A-Range Removal?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Hotburn76

Default RE: Horton Summit Trigger Assembly & Dial-A-Range Removal?

You will not find any "Official" instructions on how to take it apart and clean it. Horton will not give that info out even to its authorized dealers, at least none that I have ever seen. If you ask them about it in phone or email they will tell you that all trigger work has to go back to factory no ifs or butts about it. They are afraid of lawsuits from people putting itback together wrong and then injuring themselves or others if not back together right. If you have a all composite barrel then you can see by the looks of it that it ain't easy looking and thats why I never messed with it on my old super mag. I had thought about doing it but it has the appearance of if you take me apart I will not go back together! If you have a machined aluminumrail then with afew screws one on the for end and one up by the triggeryou can gain better access to it. If you remove therail then you can expose most of it and clean it pretty good. I have never found a good set of instructions on proper assembly of the Horton triggers. IMO I have never wanted to risk it, alot of force on it and if you mess up someone can get hurt. Sorry I can't help more, but Horton just don't release the trigger info that I have ever seen.