HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - winchester model 50 shotgun
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2007, 09:53 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: winchester model 50 shotgun

i think i have one

those 2 limits of grouse were taken 2seperate years...same area...same camp...same pics. also rolled bunnies, other pheasants, more squirrels..a ton of doves, wood cock and even a fall turkey with it.

it was my moms fathers. i never got to meet him. he passed away when she was young. i been cleaning and taking care of the guns left behind since i was young..8 or 10(no joke i been cleaning guns that long) im now 20. been using the model 50 for a while now...i absolutely LOVE it. pull it up and pull the trigger and watch the game fold. AWESOME gun...i dont know what it is about it.

ive yet to see anyone else kill a grouse at that camp. every time i hunt and we get into them i limit out early in the game with my mod 50...they hate me!

that hen pheasant i folded at an unbelievable range. i was shocked when i seen it fold. as well as the fall turkey i killed this year. i didnt think it was HALF as far as it was...but man that thing was out there...

what barrels do you have??? mine is a modified..id like to see what the specs were...that thing sure is thin at the muzzle. before i started using it dad used it and killed a couple spring birds..and grandpa must have shot the heck out of it. the bluing is gone on the bottom of the reciever from loading it...

great shootin gun. i cant say ive ever seen another. would you mind telling me what you paid for the new one you just got?? id really like another one...i think the stock is in bad shape...its loose and i cant figure out a way to tighten it. dad told me he had to use it in self defense with a gobbler once and im sure thats why[:@]