HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Smokeless Powder Muzzleloader
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2007, 12:05 PM
1SHOT_1KILL
Typical Buck

Default RE: Smokeless Powder Muzzleloader

ORIGINAL: younggun243

A friend of mine has one of these, and I was wondering, are these any good over black powder? His is a Savage. I personaly was thinking of getting a black powder muzzleloader, but what are the cons of a smokeless powder muzzleloader?

In the meantime if someone asks me what kind of muzzleloader I would like to get I'll tell them, "T/C Encore .50 cal. Black Powder".
The onlyCON to the Savage 10ML-II, is that you will be treated like the scurge and scumof the earth by the traditional muzzleloader crowd. They are so wrapped around the axle because of the word "smokeless", that they cannot comprehend that the Savage is fully capable of shooting, massive amounts of the real BP and any of the various so-called BP substitutes as well.

When you compare the T/C Encore to the Savage, the Savage will do anything that the T/Cis capable of doingperformance wise, but the T/C is not able and willnever be a matchfor the Savage's performance capabilities.

As far as, smokeless vs real BP, it is no contest, smokeless is the winner hands down, performance wise. It is safer to ship and store, less violatile, produces better performance, less recoil, and produces that better performance at a fraction of the cost.

Forgot something important. In TN the use of smokeless powder in muzzleloader season is perfectly legal.