HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Crisbow MK III
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 06:27 AM
Pydpiper
Typical Buck

Default RE: Crisbow MK III

Thanks guys! The bow came in part of an estate sale, it would have sat forgotten behind the furnace if I didn't spend so much time talking about crossbows and the joys of archery hunting.
He is an avid hunter, President of his hunt club and an owner of more guns than I have ever known an individual to have. He will quickly learn it isn't quality and either give up the sport before he takes it on or pursue another crossbow model. I am hoping he shoots it a couple times and craves more, just like the rest of us.

I tried putting an arrow in it last night, the rail seems pretty short, also, the vanes went deep into the scope mount, so any arrows that I make for it will have to have the vanes down about 1.5 -2" farther down the shaft than what I am accustomed to. My AZEZ will not do that, so am am glad I didn't give my Blitz-alike away when I switched. I will enjoy doing the refurb regardless of whether the crossbow becomes a whitetail killer or not.

The limbs are not one piece, they are separate.

Thanks for the input again guys, hopefully this thing is an effective tool for recruiting a new member to our sport.

RWK, is it you I am speaking to about strings?