Team 4 The Rejects

Old 05-26-2017, 04:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Zim!!! Thats a nice bird!!
Old 05-26-2017, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Zim, very nice. That's a heavy bird for this time of year!

Personally, I pound doors until I get enough properties to hunt that I never go on public. My son's 11 though, so I suspect some out-of-state public land hunts are in my future.

Took the wife out today for a mid-morning hunt, we were out for about 2 hrs before it got too hot. No turkeys but she loved listening to the birds and seeing all the mushrooms. Hopefully I'll get her on a bird sometime this weekend, but tomorrow morning is salmon fishing on Lake Michigan...
Old 05-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Strut&Rut
Nice Zim, very nice. That's a heavy bird for this time of year!

Personally, I pound doors until I get enough properties to hunt that I never go on public. My son's 11 though, so I suspect some out-of-state public land hunts are in my future.

Took the wife out today for a mid-morning hunt, we were out for about 2 hrs before it got too hot. No turkeys but she loved listening to the birds and seeing all the mushrooms. Hopefully I'll get her on a bird sometime this weekend, but tomorrow morning is salmon fishing on Lake Michigan...
I was up your way for work last week. From St. Joseph to Holland to Grand Rapids to Muskegon areas. Will return in summer I want to take my wife to Spring Lake/Grand Haven. I stopped to try perch fishing off the pier, but it was closed under construction and brutal cold anyway.

I've been hunting public in many states for years. It's challenging. Sometimes I find a great spot, but it get's discovered and will get exploited very quickly. Definitely a moving target.

Last edited by Zim; 05-26-2017 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-26-2017, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great job Zim. Very nice bird!!!!!
Old 05-27-2017, 08:51 AM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, If you are like me, you don’t buy much hunting stuff because you already own one of everything. As I mentioned previously, I decided to tryone of these Ghost Blinds I’d read about for years but didn’t want to spend $200 on. I have to share, this thing exceeded all my expectations. I rate itan A+. Super easy to use and anchor if necessary. Leans outward which gives a guy more room to draw your bow or hoist a gun. The reason I tried it was specific to my heavily pressured Wisconsin turkey hunting property, where I got busted time and again last year from toms avoiding my blind, even without decoys. These toms were definitely conditioned. I could sit under a tree in tall grass, but my knees are bad from carpentry & basketball, so I really need to sit in a lawn chair if on the ground. The height of the blind is perfect for this. I was basically invisible wherever I hunted. Hell I could hunt with minimal cover, almost an open field. Multiple times I had deer show up 10’ in frontof my blind, just feeding, oblivious to me. I’d never experienced this so close before. In my regular popup blind I’d have deer alerted 200 even 300 yards away. No more! One morning I was calling a sly tom to my left and had 6 jakes to my right walk right up and look in my handle hole from 6’. See photos. I was moving around in my chair when both deer & toms were within feet of me no problem!

No I don’t work for this company. Just had to share this. If you want a new toy to play with that actually works, this is it! I looked all around but could not find a sale price for one, so I paid the full $200, but with no regrets. It was worth every penny. BTW it was not too bad to tote around. I did not want to spend the coin for one of the backpack carriers, but I did OK carrying it with just the handle. For most of my hunting I was hiking through a muddy swamp about 1 mile round trip. In a month of use I can’t recall one critter altering it’s behavior due to my presence. Pretty amazing. Not sure if I’dbow hunt deer with it due to scent, I like to be up high in a tree, but for gun hunting fields, I will definitely be using this in the future. Main reason is you can be mobile and move around. Deer don’t need to get used to it. The lookout holes make a perfect gun rest when you sit in a lawn chair. I highly recommend this toy!
Attached Thumbnails Team 4 The Rejects-gb1.jpg   Team 4 The Rejects-gb2.jpg   Team 4 The Rejects-gb3.jpg   Team 4 The Rejects-gb4.jpg   Team 4 The Rejects-gb5.jpg  

Last edited by Zim; 05-27-2017 at 08:57 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey all,

Looks like we might be behind. Check out the score thread. There's no required pic listed in the rules this year. SwampSlayer's bird plus Mookyj just bagged a jake for Team 1 puts us about 8 points back.

Zim - we actually went out of Grand Haven yesterday. We went 4/5, landed 3 chinook and 1 steelhead. My son reeled in the biggest, about a 10lb 3-yr old king. Probably would have put a few more in the boat, but I forgot our coats and had to turn around after we already left, we lost 20min of power hour...

Last edited by Strut&Rut; 05-28-2017 at 11:36 AM.
Old 05-28-2017, 05:03 PM
Zim
Nontypical Buck

Default Score Updates

I lose interest in this thing since scores are updated so infrequently. I'm not gonna add them up to see how close it is. Did you add in my 12 point upgrade? Went from 53 to 65 Thursday.
Old 05-29-2017, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure. Team 1 would add about 90 points if MookyJ's jake and Swampslayer's tom counted. However, Superstrutter just posted on the score thread and indicated he's not counting birds without a pic. If that holds, then only the ~25 pt jake will count, and we'll be comfortably in the lead with less than a week. With that said, Swampslayer could send in a pic this week and put us behind...but that seems unlikely, considering he bagged birds almost 2 months ago and still hasn't posted a pic...

Regarding the score updates, Superstrutter actually does a decent job, but there are so few of us that hunt in May - especially after May 15 - that the scores always get updated more slowly towards the end. I also don't recall the contest being this close this late in the season...
Old 06-03-2017, 12:23 PM
Typical Buck

as of 6/1 we are still ahead...
Old 06-05-2017, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think congratulations are due to Team 4. Great job!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.