Community

Team 3 Sons of Fanarchy

Old 04-15-2015, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Thank you my friend!... he was an old timer for sure! He was missing a lot of feathers and a good portion of his meat was infected from battle wounds. .. he had approximately THREE total tail feathers.

Back at it in the morning.

My two highest scoring birds ever... never made a peep. On the roost or otherwise.

Go get em!
BDB

Originally Posted by j76
Dang Donnie! That's a huge frickin bird! Congrats!
Got next monday(the opener) and Tuesday off. Went and listened at a spot this morn befor work, heard and seen notta. Gonna check another spot in the morn, wish me luck cause if this one don't look better I don't know what to do. My two week season might only be those first two days so I gotta get on em quick. Gotta love turkey season!!!

Last edited by BIG DONNIE BRASCO; 04-15-2015 at 06:17 PM.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Donnie, I don't think big barnyard birds are legal in this contest, lol. That is a huge bird man, congrats. Your bird scores a whopping 82.87
Old 04-16-2015, 06:57 AM
Typical Buck

Holy crap Donnie. That thing is a true monster. That will put some points on the board for sure. Man what a set of hooks on him.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

He was a butterball, no doubt about it!

I'm not 100% sure he's my highest scoring bird ever, but he was a senior citizen for sure!

2 years ago I popped one the was right up there with this one, but he was still in his prime.

A buddy of mine got one with a bow last week (same property) that scored higher than "Grandpa chubs" did.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:44 PM
Fork Horn

Wow... just checked the standings!
So far we're out in front!
I'll have 2 more birds before I'm done to add to the totals.
(Positive thinking).

Last edited by BIG DONNIE BRASCO; 04-17-2015 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 04:30 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Go get em Donnie! Hit my other spot befor work this morning, stood for a bit in the dark, and they lit up! Couple groups of birds gobblin thier butts off. Was cool to hear that sweet sound again. Only bummer is my way too short season is looking like rain and crappy weather. Gonna have to have a lot of luck this year!
Old 04-17-2015, 02:15 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Donnie.......hats off to you brother.....that's a freakin stud of a turkey there! Great story too by the way. Also I'm with you 100%, my biggest spurred bird (1-3/8) I shot about 2pm and he never gobbled. I had hunted in that area for several days and didn't know he was around.
Still can't get over those hooks! Hahaha! You got me fired up again but I haven't been able to go. I've got plenty of time to take off but it has been raining for a week straight and expecting 2" this weekend. Time is running out and I'm getting desperate! Lol!!
Old 04-17-2015, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default limbhanger

big Donnie brasco
huge hooks on that bird, congrats. I've heard several stories about turkey hunters picking up birds while they were still flopping, this boy would get you to the bone! looked at the team scores just now, awesome let's keep it up.
Old 04-18-2015, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

LOL... he was at about 8 paces... facing me.
3.5 inch 12 Guage magnum, back flipped him and he never flinched
Old 04-18-2015, 03:29 PM
Super Moderator

Headed to Missouri in the morning. Im ready for the rush.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.