Community

Team 4- Locked & Knocked

Old 10-07-2015, 09:46 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ManofTheFall
Maybe you guys can help me out with this buck. I think he is only 3 1/2, but the few pics I have of him it's hard to judge his age. If he is only 3 1/2, I'd like to give him some more time. I think he can really be a stud. What do you all think?
Hard to tell since you don't have a good broadside view of him. I see you are from Ohio which means you probably have several crops around you. You are probably really close on your guess. If you are in the management and management practices Grant Woods puts out
a weekly show and he talks about a lot of this kind of stuff as well as farming for wildlife. growingdeer.tv is the site, he also has a FB page and they will post pictures and articles. I've been following it for a couple years. It is very informative and I enjoy watching it every Monday morning.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Doe #3 down!!!!!. The arrow was soaked in blood from broadhead to nock. It was about 8:35 and I looked behind me and I saw 3 coming. The big one lagged behind a bit but it didn't take long before she was out in front of me. I let the arrow fly at 8:40. She ran about 30 yards and did a couple flips and I thought she was done. But, she got back up and ran about 20 more yards and did the staggering thing then went down. I took all my stuff down to the truck then came back up to get her and she was already dead. Here are a few pics. just put doe #3 down this morning.
Attached Thumbnails Team 4- Locked & Knocked-doe320152.jpeg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-doe32015.jpeg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-3doe20153.jpeg  
Old 10-08-2015, 05:06 PM
Typical Buck

I would agree with that being 3.5
Old 10-08-2015, 11:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I didn't get out Thursday evening, but the grandson and I will be going out Friday evening and I will be hitting one of my new spots Saturday evening.
Old 10-09-2015, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

Sat tonight, another evening of not seeing or hearing anything, pretty crazy!
Old 10-09-2015, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Not much on cams for movement yet still waiting to go back out, duck and goose hunting has been good though
Old 10-09-2015, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a chat with my grandson and he said there ain't no way I'm going to shoot a small buck. In the blind tonight I heard a twig snap and I was pretty sure a deer was coming. I told him to get ready and he says I don't see anything and I said I don't either. I said look here you should see one in a few seconds. We have a 1 1/2 old buck we call forky. He is a fork horn with a tiny crab claw on the left side. I said oh it's just forky but you don't want to shoot him. he was shaking like a leaf and said let me shoot him. I said ok. Unfortunately he never gave us a good clean shot. He was close enough but no shot. It was at least a good experience for him and he learns what are good shot opportunities and what aren't. That was at least the first buck I saw on a hunt this year as well. Anyhow, I will be going to my new spot Saturday evening. Hopefully I will see some action there.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

This evening I sat in my new spot I call the turkey stand. Well, I didn't call it that for nothing. I had turkeys walking past my stand. Then about 6:30, anywhere from 40 to 80 yards away they were flying up into their roosts. Although I didn't see a deer tonight this area has a lot of good sign and I think it will produce. My next time out will probably be Monday morning. After that it will be Thursday, Friday, and Saturday.
Old 10-11-2015, 07:52 AM
Dominant Buck

rich wrench has been added to your team to replace your missing member.
Old 10-12-2015, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

Well nothing come out of mu hunting trip. 3 days before my arrival the 10 point moved south. He started showing up on a friends cameras. Hopefully he will come back to me at some point. Acorns are falling hard so I probably will not head back for a couple of weeks.

-john

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.