Team 4- Locked & Knocked

Old 10-01-2015, 06:06 PM
Typical Buck

Saw not a thing tonight.. Going to try the property I hunted this afternoon in the morning, it's usually a good early season morning property
Old 10-01-2015, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm going to one of favorite spots in the morning. With the weather change I'm hoping to see a big boy cruising back through to his bedding area.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

So, I got to my spot this evening and the neighbor guy was blowing through clips of ammo. Probably about 200 yards away from my stand. I almost left and went to a different spot. I decided to stay and was hoping he would stop soon. I climbed up into my ladder stand and when I turned around to sit down I see a couple young ones walking towards my spot. They are probably between 30 and 40 yards away. I hurried up and sat down and got an arrow in. I saw a little bigger one kind of circling around. Then I saw one more bringing up the rear and she was a pretty big one. She stopped about 40 yards out and was staring my way and giving a few light stomps. After staring me down for about 5 minutes she got behind some trees so I brought the crossbow up. I waited for her to clear the trees then let her have it. It was a deadly hit. I don't think she made it even 50 yards. Here are a few pics. The first blood trail pic was where she was standing when I shot her. Blood trail was awesome. I used Rage 2"+ cut.
Attached Thumbnails Team 4- Locked & Knocked-bloodtrail2.jpeg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-2doe20153.jpeg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-2doe20152.jpeg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-2doe2015.jpeg  
Old 10-03-2015, 07:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

The rain has been coming down in buckets. However, Iy is suppose to slow down then stop around 4. I am definitely going out this evening.
Old 10-03-2015, 04:30 PM
Fork Horn

Sat this morning, had something in before light, trail am says a Doe. Wind was still high but over night going to calm to 6 NNE so I am going to be out there. Put some mocks out today (3), cam on two of them, one close to the stand (no cam), see what shakes out. G/L guys!
Old 10-03-2015, 04:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw one tonight at very last light. I'm pretty sure it was a young buck. Waited it out until he left the area. I didn't want to spook him.
Old 10-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be taking out the grandson tomorrow evening. My next hunt will either be Wednesday morning, Thursday morning, Thursday evening. I'm not sure if I can make it out those mornings it depends on work. Thursday evening is definitely a go though.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:38 PM
Fork Horn

Been very quiet in my neck of the woods, haven't even been seeing any Doe.
Old 10-06-2015, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately the only deer my grandson and I saw this evening were the 2 we almost hit driving to our spot. I will probably get back out Thursday morning then get the grandson back out Thursday evening.
Old 10-07-2015, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you guys can help me out with this buck. I think he is only 3 1/2, but the few pics I have of him it's hard to judge his age. If he is only 3 1/2, I'd like to give him some more time. I think he can really be a stud. What do you all think?
Attached Thumbnails Team 4- Locked & Knocked-trailcam1.jpeg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-trailcam4.jpeg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-trailcam6.jpeg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-trailcam8.jpeg   Team 4- Locked & Knocked-trailcam9.jpeg  

Last edited by ManofTheFall; 10-07-2015 at 09:44 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.