Team 8 "Heavy Hitters"

Old 10-19-2014, 01:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Finally got out this weekend, saw a couple small deer but nothing to shoot at, Did have a couple nice bucks on the trail cam. The deer are still heavy in the corn...
Old 10-21-2014, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just had a spike trot by under my stand.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hi guys. I haven't been on here too much because i really haven't been hunting much. but that changes starting tomorrow. i'll be in wisconsin hunting the next 4 days. it's really more of a scouting trip to get ready for the rut but who knows what will happen. I don't have a lot of action on my property, one nice probably 3 year old 8 point hanging around consistently. this is the week that all the neighboring bucks tend to come onto my property for some reason. i'll also be hunting some open managed forest properties that have been great in the past. i've gotten more bucks on those then on my own land.

anyway, good luck to everyone this weekend. things should be starting to heat up a bit this weekend.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:54 PM
Typical Buck

Hey everyone, finally almost done with midterms! I went out with my buddy who I'm mentoring for his first bow season we left our stand early to check a small grass path between a cornfield and creek and when we got there we saw a 130" 10pt 3.5 year old so. we stopped and grunted with no response so we snort wheezed and two shooters came out of the corn one was a 130" 8pt and the other was a 160+ buck not sure on how many points...checked my cam this morning and have two new shooters a 140" 4.5 year old 10 and a giant that will go 160+ but only got 75 percent of his rack on camera
Old 10-23-2014, 04:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lucky. I've had one 150" deer in all my years on camera. They usually top out around 120" in my part of the state.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:20 AM
Spike

Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was injured in an auto accident but I am hoping to get back in the woods next week.

I am hoping a Heavy Hitter puts a big one down this weekend.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Arty, sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you have a full recovery. I haven't gotten too much time in the woods. Was feeling sick last Saturday and didn't go out. Had to go into work early Tuesday so was able to get into the woods for a bit that evening. Had a spike come under my stand twice. My stand isn't that high up, maybe 12', and he walked right under me both times oblivious to me. That was all I saw. Have been seeing increased deer, and bear, activity lately. My boss saw an 8 point buck chasing a doe while he was golfing and said he saw the buck covering the doe. Seems early. I leave for a four day hunt starting on Nov. 12th. That's primarily a black powder hunt but I'll be taking my bow along as well. Just in case.

We need to get Pilsner's deer posted.

Last edited by Talondale; 10-23-2014 at 05:51 AM.
Old 10-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by fingerz42
Lucky. I've had one 150" deer in all my years on camera. They usually top out around 120" in my part of the state.
I usually get four or five a year but only see about two in my stand every year.

Things are finally starting to look up for me. Deer are beginning to move a bit and corn is coming out. Hope to have a big one down in the next two weeks
Old 10-25-2014, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Seen lots of deer this morning including a wounded 110 class buck. Missed under a Doe just before he walked out. Seen 13 deer and spikes and buttons under my stand. 5 bucks total. Hoping 110 comes back by. Keep starting to get down and see more deer.
Old 10-26-2014, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

How is everyone doing? Been away sometime , working lots of OT. I am going out on Monday for a much needed all day sit in the treestand. The good hunting is right around the block.

Hatchet Jack

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.