2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

THE WINNERS (Team 13)

Old 08-16-2008, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 13-Official Team 13 Thread

Great Vids!! I hope to make it out this weekend and check on the trail cams... Season's getting close! As of right now, I'm planning on making a trip to Southern Iowa next weekend to do my scouting and hang stands.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok guy's I'm out of here for the next 10 days. So keep those new teams on there toes. Fran don't get Germs panties in a uproar it's a long season. Hey how did you do on the ethics exam?

Al El capitan when they start the new thread or move this thread over you might want to get the guy's to check in again just to let them know we need to repeat.

Jason can't wait to see some of those pics. Are you going speed goat hunting?

While was waiting around today I made another video of Kills. Pictures going back to 2003 I'm missing a couple pics of elk. I'll post when I get back. When I get back it's full steam ahead.I hope to get a buck in velvet this year, it's the earliest bow season has opened in years. Be good fella's.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Made it out to check my trail cams – one word describes it…. DEPRESSING

ZERO mature bucks and one kid riding his quad right past my best stand. Only good thing is that it looks he stopped right in front of my camera and looked at it and then turned around – so hopefully he won’t be back… And for some reason about half the pics on one of the cameras are all messed up – they won’t open up…

Hopefully I just didn’t get any pics and there are a couple out there…. Little scary because usually it’s the opposite, lots of big bucks on the trail cam during the summer, we’ll see. I actually pulled my cameras and will be bringing them down to Southern Iowa next weekend. Figure I may as well go all out with that limited tag.

Unfortunately, I’m not going speed goat hunting this year. The wife said no traveling in Sept. (doc is saying mid to late Sept is when to expect the new arrival), and with me having to fit a trip to Iowa in there, I was pretty much out of luck this year.
Old 08-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLyn0W0Xakw
Check out this. I'm pretty geeked up about it - even though I'll hardly ever get to hunt this guy. This deer is an absolute bomber for my area. The biggest buck I've seen in a long time.

Here's a better quality copy- but you have to create a username/password to login.
http://www.huntingfootage.com/showphoto.php/photo/5352/limit/recent
__________________________________________________ _______________

Danno - enjoy your trip. Behave. LOL
Al - I hope you're shooting a bear right now. I'm living vicariously through you for the remainder of the week.
Jason - I'm optimisticthat you'll be successful in Iowa. Bummer on the speedgoats tho. Sacrifice... Ugh. Find the kid with the quad and threatento beat the pinetar out of himif he ever comes near your stand again.

It's almost time boys.

I'vefinally got my arrows on order and just have to put in a few glowtack lines to my new Ohiostand sites - and I'll beready to go.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, im back for a very enjoyable, but unsecessful bear hunt in ontario. Shot one with my bow but had a deflection on the way and ended up sticking him in the neck. Very depressing for me but the fishing was top notch and the rest of the week was a ball. Had a butt puckering encounter with a sow and three cubs. One of them tried to climb my treestand and i was 2 feet from having to sucker punch him off, glad it didnt come to that.

Anyways its time to scount for deer and whack some geese until Oct. 18th, then its time to kill. I'll have the trail cam back out and hopefully i'll get some video footage for your guys sometime soon to keep our little minds happy.

Heres some pics of the trip....11 lb walleye

Old 08-24-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Only 2 bears of the trip...

Old 08-24-2008, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful white crest..

Old 08-24-2008, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck