2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: 6 - Official Team 6 Thread

ORIGINAL: Germ

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

Nice team guys.

Hey guys, Buck Magnet checking in. My name is Jason and I am from Indiana, Pa. I will be hunting around here and hopefully will be able to put a big guy on the ground, but geez, we got Hunsucker, they should already name us the champs
That intro should read "I have trail cam pics of bucks that look like I'm in Iowa, but Matt/Pa has put a curse on me and I haven't been able to kill any of them"
Or

At least we see big bucks[:-]
Yeah, but if they're there and there's a lot of them they should be easy to kill, right Germ?

BTW, I like Silent Snipers too, but how about Silent But Deadly...
Old 08-13-2007, 11:38 AM
Typical Buck

LLBUX checking in the the big buck state of ILLINOIS. I'll be hunting Morgan County in western IL.

Hopefully BTBOWHUNTER will let me come back to his lease. (I tried not to tick him off too hard last year) He'll do OK if he wouldshoot anything but a doe.

Good luck folks!

Arnie Rahe
Old 08-13-2007, 01:18 PM

Buck Magnet, i checked a couple of my cameras yesterday while hanging a stand. Got pictures of the big boy again but i didnt post them cause he hasnt changed a whole lot in the past week.

He is starting to get on a pretty good pattern so that should pay off come Sept 15
Thats good to hear, keep us updated on that tank, I wanna see some hard horn pics of that bad boy.

Looks like a good team! I estimate a solid 2nd place finish! haha
Come on Joey, if you keep shooting those tiny bucks like the one in your avatar, you team will have no chance [:-] Good luck this year buddy.

That intro should read "I have trail cam pics of bucks that look like I'm in Iowa, but Matt/Pa has put a curse on me and I haven't been able to kill any of them"
Come on now Ryan, I just choose not to shoot those bucks so I can more pics of then the next year As far as Matt goes, that little punk is gonna get it, I've got the boxing gloves loaded and I am heading out on a mission to go find him and put him in his place once and for all!

Or

At least we see big bucks[:-]
Germ, shouldn't you be out spooning something right now

LLBUX- Great to hear from you and if you will be hunting withBob this year I will be waiting for some big numbers from you two.
Old 08-13-2007, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Buck, you got any good pics yet this summer? Please share!
Old 08-13-2007, 03:53 PM

Not really, I have seen plenty of big bucks while out scouting and spotting but for some reason they have pretty much avoided my game cameras entirely. We only got one picture of a nice buck and it is really hard to tell much about him. I wish I would have set my Cuddeback up in this place but we had a Moultrie out and the deer with in the background. We have seen 3 shooter bucks in this patch of woods, a nice 9 point that had a good 2" out past each ear, but he was like alot of the bucks around here, wide spread and short tines. We saw a big 10 point that would be close to 20" outside and he had pretty nice tine length, and we caught a quick glimpse of a giant in this field, he makes the buck in my avatar pic look like a fawn. This is the biggest one so far....

And this is the biggest that I have gotten in my honey hole (I saw 3 bucks on stand there last year that would have went between 130"-150")... I know they are there but the woods changed so much during the winter due to timbering that I just havn't got a good pattern on them yet.

And I know this guy made it through the season so I am hoping he is still around...

Old 08-13-2007, 05:20 PM
Site Bouncer

I've seen quite a few slammers myself this year scouting so this contest could get real interesting, I will be heading down south in a few weeks to scout and set up stands on my families property. All my stands up here where I live have already been set up or moved to where I think I will be sucessfull......only time will tell. I killed a nice(140in gross+/-) 11 point last year and saw at least one that was bigger and even a few more that were about the same size. I live in Will County and hunt it as well as some private land in Cook.

I need to get a game camera

Here is my 06 buck

Good luck to all of you guys and lets have fun.......

Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

BigJ, what do you think about that name Team Big Guns! [8D]I bet Germ is petrofied of our team. Were going to have to wear cutoff camo shirts for our pictures when we score a big buck! hahaha [8D]
Old 08-14-2007, 08:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's great John. If you can get on some bucks like that one in your pic we'll be in good shape. I've got my eye on some good bucks as well, now it's a matter of getting access to where they are.
Old 08-14-2007, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

I have a vinyl sign cutter and will make vinyl signs for the team if you wish. Signs can be one color only, but I have a wide variety of colors available. We just need to settle on a name and/or logo for the team and I'll get started.

Price will be about $2.50/sign including postage. No setup charge.

I'll proudly have one on my pickups!

I'm gonna offer the service to other groups, but they will be higher.

Thanks folks!

Arnie Rahe/LLBUX

Old 08-14-2007, 10:12 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

BigJ, what do you think about that name Team Big Guns! [8D]I bet Germ is petrofied of our team. Were going to have to wear cutoff camo shirts for our pictures when we score a big buck! hahaha [8D]
"Team Big Guns" Hey I like it!

I'm leaving on vacation in a few hours I'll be back next week. Hold the fort down for me and whatever you guys decide as far as a name I'm ok with.

I'll vote early for Michael (big gun, big buck) Hunsucker as our team captain.

I'll be back on Monday.

Later fellas

Quick Reply: 6 - Official Team SBD Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.