Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2007 Bowhunting Contest
 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread. >

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Community
2007 Bowhunting Contest Find your 2007 Bowhunting Deer Contest information here. Caution: Smack Talk ahead!

17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:06 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Autumn Assassins

Nobody is on a team yet and they are already talking smack. Isn't that priceless. With the amount of people that are signing up for this thing, we may just have a great chance to repeat. ( If it just so happens that some of the guys with the best odds of getting good deer would end up on the same team then we'll know something was up). Plus I needed to bump us to the front again.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:03 AM
Typical Buck

We almost dropped off to the third page. Bump to the front.
Old 06-25-2007, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can not wait to try out my new wacem heads to see what they do. This is probably the most excitement I have ever had to try out a new head. Other than Huntingson (new farm) is everyone hunting the same ground this year as they did last? I will be on the same ground but concentrating my efforts on a couple different spots that I hunted last year during the (scouting hunts).
Old 06-25-2007, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

Yeah I will be in the same boat, although I am on the fence of trying a new spot or not. I may leave my son there and move into the thicket alittle more.
Old 06-25-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh, I am still hunting the same spots, I just added a new farm the hard way I am going to have to PM you guys some pics because I havepics of4 deer from last year, after the season was over that will knock your socks off. With luck, they will still be around this fall... under my tree... in the open... broadside. I'm not asking for too much. The problem is they were so big it will be hard to shoot a buck even as big as the one I shot last year knowing they are out there somewhere. Who knows, I could go the whole year without even seeing a good buck. Only time will tell. Of course I am still trying to convince Rob to let me enter my caribou
Old 06-26-2007, 09:21 AM

sorry guys for taking so long. Life is nuts right now. After graduating in may, our FFA went to Canada for a fishing trip, then ive been working like a dog. Ive been hanging out with my buddies as well so its pretty hard to get on all the time.
anyways down to business... I went to my first bow shoot of the year and shot my career best 276.
I am a bit worried about this upcoming season though. last year 12 125" or better bucks were shot within a 1/2 mile radius. that worries me a bit. second, there is a new powerline that will be goiung thru the very center of our property and with all the activity I hope it doesnt surpress the deer too much. We will see how it turns out.

? for everyone... have any of your standards changed to size of bucks you will shoot? mine is still about the same... 125 or better, i gotta watch it tho i came up 6/8 short on last years buck[:-]
Old 06-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Typical Buck

125 or better, i gotta watch it tho i came up 6/8 short on last years buck[:-]
If I could only be that unforunate lol
Old 06-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

No my standards haven't really changed I guess. My standards are if I look at a deer and think "BIG BUCK. BIG BUCK." Then I will shoot it. If it doesn't get my heart racing, it walks on by. That basically equates to 3.5 year olds and older.

Checked my camera yesterday and I got a pic of a buck that I would guess has a spread of 18" or slightly moreand already is sporting about 5" brow tines. Let's hope he sticks around and stays safe.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have changed mine after last year. I just got to impatient and let one fly. Then went after the bigger boys which I had a couple good encounters with but never got the chance. I will probably not shoot at anything I guess to be under 100". I still get excited when does or small bucks are coming my way. I plan on shooting more does this year to help me wait longer for one of those monsters.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

My standards have upped to 125 or better. Im hunting the same farms this year. I dont know if I could handle anymmore. Between scouting and actual hunting time I have a tough time hitting them all at the peak time. I just got my bow back from the shop and trying to work out all the bugs of new limbs, cams, and string. i should have her dialed in and comfortable by the end of the week.

Quick Reply: 17 Official Team Autumn Assassins Thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.