Community
2005 Deer Hunting Contest (Bow) All discussions involving the 2005 Bowhunting Deer Contest go here.

Official Team "Double X" (20)

Old 08-14-2005, 03:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Official Team "Double X" (20)

Hello everyone on team 20!!!!

Lets all get checked in here and get to know each other, some of us know each other pretty well but for those that don't lets share a little information.

I live in Northern Idaho and my archery season opens August 30th and ends December 23rd. Things are looking great here, with only about 16 days until the opener. I wish everyone the best of luck on our team and I am looking forward to getting to know each and everyone of you. Lets have a great time and enjoy another exciting whitetail bow season.

Troy (shed33)

"Handshake" to all my team members

P.S. once everyone gets checked in or once you look through the list of team 20 members lets vote for a captain and second, get an official team 20 "name" picked.
Old 08-14-2005, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 20 Thread

Team 20

195BOW HNT
74 shed33
168 BigDaddy12t
145 SumHunter
60 rybohunter
255 Buttonbuckmaster
256 hoosierhunter43
223 Quiksilver
249 huntIL104
165 bushmaster_5bko
Old 08-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Rybohunter checking in.
I'm from PA, season runs oct 1 thru nov 12. I'm quite up in the air as to how my season will be. Depending on a possible job switch I will either have almost every evening during the week, plus saturdays, and the 1st 2 weeks of november off, or I will have almost no evenings during the week, saturdays and the 1st week of november off. I'm a bit of a wild card. My areas hold good numbers of deer, and depends on what you call big as far as bucks go. I'd like to hold out for something over 100" and I have a decent shot at doing so. I have 2 main places I hunt, one is pressured pretty good in archery, and thruought the seasonbut can hold bigger bucks because of the surrounding woods. The other isn't pressured too bad in archery but holds less big bucks because it and all the areas around it are slaughtered in gun season.

Good luck to all my fellow team mates.
Ryan (rybohunter)
Old 08-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Whatsup guys?

I, like Rybo, will be hunting in PA and (***possibly*** Ohio, with a little luck). I have a couple good spotshere, and have taken120", 105" and 95" bucks in each of the past three years, respectively. So Isuppose I'm on a hot streak.

I guess you guys can just rule me out for anything monstrous, because we don't really grow 'em over 150" around here. A 100" deer is really nice for these parts.

I'll probably get a couple evenings each week andSaturdays to hunt. Hopefully Ican do my damage early, b/c my best spot is ruined on Saturdays after small game season starts.I'd like to tag out here early and get an Ohio NR license and search for a big 'unon Sundays.

Goodluck guys, hopefully we can win this thing.

Old 08-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey gang! I hunt in Southern Illinois (not Pike County, hate to burst your bubble LOL ) and i have hunted for 19 years. I am in the process of doing some final scouting and finishing up hanging my stands this week. I am not a trophy hunter per say, but have taken several respectable deer the past few seasons. Good luck guys!
Old 08-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just giving our team a bump
Old 08-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Fork Horn

Hello everyone just checking in. I live in southeast Indiana. I am 24 years old. Our season runs from Oct. 1st to Nov. 27th and a late season that is Dec. 3rd to Jan. 1st. I have not shot many bucks with my bow. Last year I passed on sevearl bucks around 100'' or so. I got 3 nice bucks on video that will go 140'' or higher so I am holding out for a nice one. Indiana just went to one buck only, 3 years ago so the bucks are starting to get big. the property next to were I hunt only takes big bucks, took one 2 years ago 163'' so their is alot of promise. I am pretty much the only one who hunts the ground so me passing up smaller bucks is starting to pay off. I will try to get a nice one for the team. I hope I can help win this thing for us. I am pretty new to the board but will be spending alot of time on here. I work a 4pm to midnight shift so I can hunt quite often in the mornings. I hope I get to know you all better through out the season. Good luck to all of team 20.

William - hoosierhunter43
Old 08-16-2005, 12:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright guys, great to seeyou allarechecking in!

Man our team sounds great so far! Rybo and Quick I see you guy around alot in the forums, I am happy to be a part of your team.

Hoosier and Button, its a pleasure to meet you guys. You both sound like have some great hunting ahead of you.

I will behonest guys I am hunting a couple big bucks this year, of which I just got some excellent footage of 3 days ago... a big big 6x5 and a very nice 5x5....they are easily PY bucks both of them. I have been watching them all summer, but finally got my observation stand location picked and hung so I could video them up close without spooking them..it worked great...I will get the video clip out soon.. I will let you guys estimate what you think they will score..

In the past four years I have harvested a 184 gross, 8x9, (aged at 7,5)145 gross4x4,(aged at 4.5)138 gross4x5 (aged at3.5) and and a 134 gross 4x4 aged at (3.5)..all from Northern Idaho..... I live for bowhunting mature bucks... I promise this, if he isnt mature I wont shoot him. I scout year around and feel great about this years chances. I also have a very nice 140 class 4x5 using my areas too. Along with a couple 130's and several younger bucks...I hunt big country ..logging/forest land that isopen to the public but its vast... and farm country in the mountain valleys...that is private...

We need to get a TEAM NAME ..so why don't we all throw some out , we also need a team captain, this is someone that can be here alot and keep everything in line on and on track an work with the admins of this contest if needed....I say if someone wants to volunteer or nominate ...go for it!!!!!

Thus far this is a checked in Line up!!!!!!!!

Shed33, Northern Idaho
Rybohunter PA
Quicksilver PA
ButtonBuckMaster IL
Hoosier Indiana

Looking good guys.. sounds like we have some very consistent whitetail bow buck hunters!!!!!!! on this team..

Help I am not very imaginative with team names!!!

lets see your faces guys...!!!!!

Old 08-16-2005, 01:02 AM
Typical Buck

Hi Guys - BOW HNT checking in.

Mike is my name - I live in West Des Moines, Iowa and hunt our family farm in SW Iowa. We grow some big bucks there, but I have not put one of the biggies down yet. I continually pass on respectible bucks (to shoot them the next year) but the next year they stay too far away. This will be the year! (I said that last year, thought it would be a fitting birthday present for the big one - but this year I amscheduling a week off in early November.

I have been around the board for quite some time - but do not post much. I will try to do a better job of that!

Shed - those are impressive!

I will be thinking of a name...one off the top (have to make sure Big Daddy checks in though)

Big Daddy's Bowdacious Buck Hunters

Will keep working on it - Mike
Old 08-16-2005, 01:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

BOW HNT

Great to have you on our team... Man it just gets better and better, consistent hunters and Big buck States like IL and IOWA... Just right...!!!!

Mike best of luck hammering a big ole bruiser this year ... on your farm, nice to meet you and welcome aboard!

Troy

Thus far this is a checked in Line up!!!!!!!!

Shed33, Northern Idaho
Rybohunter PA
Quicksilver PA
ButtonBuckMaster IL
Hoosier Indiana
Bow Hnt Iowa

Quick Reply: Official Team "Double X" (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.