HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - .25-06 deer load
View Single Post
Old 03-11-2007, 03:21 PM
Pioneer2
Typical Buck

Default RE: .25-06 deer load

For deer hunting expensive Barnes and Partitions arn't needed in my opinion.I've used Hornadys for 25 years and we eat wild game in my home 3-4 times a week, so you do the math.Partitions are the next logical step up for elk,bear and yes moose with your 25-06.As a coyote gun it's hard on fur and your deer loads will be best:RE: minimal expantion.Either 54-55grs. of RE#22 in Win brass behind a 100gr Hornady with Fed mag primer electrocutes deer as far away as you can hit them.I prefer Hornady's 120gr HP ,same case and primer with a 54gr dose of H-4831SC as they are a little easier on the meat damage, pretty well duplicating a 130gr in a .270 power wise short 10gr of lead.Moose, elk +bear ,same brass,primer with 115gr Partition seated on top of 54grs of RE#22.These loads have dumped several truck loads of meat over the years ,safe in my gun but back off about 3grs. in yours and work your way up watching for preasure signs and I think they will work for you as well.Hunted Manitoulin Island as a youth before moving to Alberta..........Good luck Harold