HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - optional purchase
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2007, 01:16 PM
outdoorslover

Default RE: optional purchase

You guys are right!! I'll just keep it for an extra and for friends to use. My best friend really loves the gun and has talked about getting into the sport. I offered to sell it to him with all the accessories for $50. He wouldn't do that so I offered to let him use it. He didn't go this year butI think I can convince him to try it eventually.I have taken him out shooting with both guns and he loves them.

I worked on the sights on it and got them pretty nice. I put some of that sight paint from Cabela's on them and they're prettyeasy to see now. I just got a new ramrod for it and love that as well.I worked on the thimbles--cushioning them so the ramrod wouldn't rattle. I've had so many memories with it that it would seem a waste to give it away for next to nothing. I shot my first and only buck with it and it has served well for 3 years.

Yup, I'll keep it and use it for an extra or for my friends or people interested in the sport. I might give it up if someone would appreciate it.I might as well make giving it up worthwhile.

If I want a traditional I'll just have to save for it.I certainly don't NEED it right now. It's just one more expense to keep around and shoot. I'd like a TC Hawken or one of Cabelas repro's.

I think I would only get like $40 at a pawn shop for the gun---not even worththe cost of thememories. Thanks again guys!