HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Can I see some pics of homemade ground blinds?
Old 01-13-2007, 10:32 AM
humblehunter

Default RE: Can I see some pics of homemade ground blinds?

I made a ground blind that I really like. I'd show you the picture but I'm not going to drive 400 miles and take a picture of it. So I think I'll just describe it. You get 4 cedar poles long enough as you want it to be tall. If at least one of them is a tree that's in the ground it's better. Then you get 4 more posts and nail them as high as you want your shooting rest to be off the ground. Then 4 more posts and put them on top of the original posts to make the roof. Then make a roof out of cedar poles and put a tarp on the top. To camouflage the blind get some of that camouflage fabric and hang it off the shooting rest on all four sides. Small evergreen trees can be placed in front of the fabric on all the sides except for the doorway. To further camouflage it get many evergreen bows and put them on the roof and overhang them in front of the windows. Now get a nipper and cut out all the ones that hang down to far so that you can see.

Good luck deciphering my post and building your blind.