HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Broadheads that fly like field points?
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2007, 07:49 AM
sngehl01

Default RE: Broadheads that fly like field points?

I'm not trying to question "responses" here, just trying to learn more for my own benefit.

Even in standard hunting parameters, a lot would depend on the bow, I would think at least.

A slower bow would be more apt to fire different points more effeciently, correct? A quicker bow set-up would probably have a much harder time to adjust to different broadheads (like I said, different tip sizes, different vane set-ups, etc).

The reason I saw this is I was shooting thunderhead 100's andsome other100's (don't remember which)and the thunderheads shot well, but theothers didn't. my bow was well tuned, maybe not "perfectly" but it was shooting bullet holes at 5' from the target, and it did well when I walkback tuned it.

Long story short, the thunderheads shot dead on, but the others didn't, one even dive bombed and busted on the concrete. Needless to say, I went to mechanicals.

Now I'm curious if I worked with my bow more if other broadheads would shoot well too, but like I said it was pretty well tuned. I don't want to say perfect because the chances of acheiving perfection are unrealistic, for most, if not all, archers.

Like I said, not trying to be difficult, just trying to learn a little more.