HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Where to buy lime
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Texas Hog Hunter

Default RE: Where to buy lime

Where do I start??? The application or spreading of lime depends on how much acreage you need to work. Pelletized lime would certainly be easy for 1 ac. or less, but anything bigger than that would be very costly and time consuming. Here in Texas I can buy a ton of (50%) powered lime for $2.50, so if I going to lime 10 acres at 2 ton per acre it would cost $50 for 20 tons plus delivery and spreading.

Pelletized lime takes alot longer to be absorbed into the ground compared to powdered. For either application process you need to make sure the surface is plowed, and after application replow. Yes, it is as time consuming as it seems, but I'm going to have to lime my place in the upcoming months, so I share your pain.

I hope that helps, let me know if I can answer any other questions.

ORIGINAL: NiceAndBlue

I was just wondering where i could get lime from? for my plot i need about half a ton, if i remember correctly, and if i make it bigger i need more. i live in the suburbs so i don't know much about farming. i'm pretty much set to make a plot, got the soil test and everything, i just don't know where to get that much lime. do i need to have someone come in with a truck and spread it?

i could get pellitized lime buy the bag but that wouldn't be very economical.

any help is appreciated. thanks.