HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - why is it so expensive to go to a hunting lodge!
Old 11-21-2006, 09:10 PM
Angus74

Default RE: why is it so expensive to go to a hunting lodge!

person... Hey you came down to the ranch huh?? So I guess you met Monty?? Hes part of my wifes family,, and yes they are nice people. I live very close by, and they do have some really nice looking animals,, if your into hunting a place like that, not my cup of tea, but to each his own.Did you have your elk mounted? Did you let the taxidermist they use do it?? He is a very good friend of mine and the ranch keep him very busy all year, he get probably 2/3s of his yearly business from their clients, and does an excellent job.Yes if you wanted to "get a big buck" it would definitely be the place to do it, but not really my idea of fair chase.

The reason most are so high, is because of the high prices of leasing enough land to have an outfitting business, literally thousands of acres, along with keeping food plots, (look at the prices of planting some of the name brand seed blends, with upkeep,lime fertilizer) quality and safe treestands, not to mention food, insurance, and paying the guides who are scouting and hanging stands,, and they have to make a profit, or they wouldnt be in business,, and lastly, because people will pay it.